Monday, April 30, 2012

Down in the Valley

Down in the valley they sing
Waiting the message I bring
Swift as a bird on the wing

I hold the answer to prayers
I hear the pleas no one dares
I know the burdens they bear

Down in the valley they stand
Circular, holding their hands
Waiting for my news to land

I know success lifts the heart
I know what failure imparts
I bring them both, take no part

Down in the valley they hope
Building their fires on the slopes
Waiting, preparing to cope

I touch the rich and the poor
I heed no legend or lore
I hear the people implore

Down in the valley they seek
Thoughtfully, though it is bleak
Waiting, the old and the weak

I know no talent nor pride
I cast emotion aside
I hold the truth as my guide

Down in the valley they mourn
Seeing my descending form
Knowing by what I am borne

I am the only one left
I am the soul’s final breath
I am the angel of death

-----

Format: Soldier’s Englyn (Englyn Milwr)
Prompt: NaPoMoFo day 30

No comments:

Post a Comment